THE FOLLOWING CONTEST IS VOID OUTSIDE THE 50 UNITED STATES/DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (“D.C.”) AND WHEREVER PROHIBITED. DO NOT ENTER THIS CONTEST IF YOU ARE NOT 21 OR OLDER AND A LEGAL RESIDENT OF AND CURRENTLY RESIDING IN ONE OF THE 50 UNITED STATES OR IN D.C. SEE FURTHER ELIGIBILITY RESTRICTIONS BELOW. THIS CONTEST WILL BE CONSTRUED AND EVALUATED ACCORDING TO APPLICABLE FEDERAL AND STATE LAW.
JIM BEAM® SINGLE BARREL “SINGLE BARREL, SINGLE STATEMENT” CONTEST
1. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Making a purchase will not improve your chances of winning. The Jim Beam® “Single Barrel, Single Statement” Contest (“Contest”) sponsored by Jim Beam Brands Co. (“Sponsor”) begins 12:00:01 a.m. Eastern Time (“ET”) on July 16, 2014 and ends 11:59:59 p.m. ET on August 17, 2014 (“Contest Period”). The computer clock of Sponsor’s webmaster is the official timekeeping device of the Contest. You may enter the Contest by on‐line entry, as described in Rule 3 below.
2. Eligibility: This Contest is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia (“D.C.”) who are 21 years of age or older at the time of entry. Employees, directors, officers and agents of Sponsor, its parent, affiliate, and subsidiary companies, its advertising and promotion agencies, any alcoholic beverage industry wholesalers, distributors, or licensed retailers, and members of the immediate families (defined for these purposes as spouse, biological, adoptive and step‐parents, children, siblings, grandparents, grandchildren and each of their respective spouses, regardless of where they reside) or households (whether related or not) of any of the above are NOT eligible to participate. This Contest is void outside the 50 United States/D.C. and where prohibited by law.
3. How to Enter: During the Contest Period access the Jim Beam® “Single Barrel, Single Statement” Contest website at www.JimBeamSingleStatement.com (“Website”). Follow the on‐screen instructions to share your best quotation/statement – your singular wisdom for enjoying bourbon (for example, a favorite toast, how to sip a great glass of bourbon, who do you enjoy it with? where do you enjoy it?) in 50 characters or less, as well as a brief summary of the background/backstory (up to 250 characters) behind your quotation/statement (the “Submission”). Entrants may share up to two (2) unique quotations/statements per entry. Once your Submission has been successfully uploaded, follow the on‐screen instructions to submit your entry. Entries will be deemed made by the authorized account holder of the e‐mail address submitted at the time of entry. The “authorized account holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e‐mail address by an Internet access provider, on‐line service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning e‐mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e‐mail address. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 p.m. ET on August 17, 2014.
All Submissions must comply with the following requirements:
1. Submission Technical and Content Requirements:
a. Technical Requirements:
i. Entrants may share up to two (2) unique quotations/statements per entry.
ii. Each quotation/statement cannot exceed 50 characters.
iii. The back story for each quotation/statement cannot exceed 250
b. Content Requirements: All entrants must use caution and common sense in creating their Submission. All Submissions will be retained by and become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Submission topics must be suitable for publication and compliant with the following content requirements in the sole opinion of the judges:
i. cannot be obscene, defamatory, dangerous, discriminatory, infringing or otherwise inappropriate or unsuitable for publication to general audiences over the age of twenty‐one (21);
ii. cannot encourage underage, excessive or irresponsible alcohol consumption, link alcohol to any activities that would be dangerous while consuming alcohol, including operating machinery, sailing, skiing, etc., or depict children or images that primarily appeal to those under the twenty‐one (21);
iii. must not contain any third party trademarks (other than those of Jim Beam® Single Barrel Bourbon, should entrant choose to include such product in the submission) or copyright protected material.
iv. cannot be obscene or offensive, or endorse any form of hate or hate group;
v. cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about any person or entity, including but not limited to the Sponsor or its affiliates, as determined in the sole discretion of the Sponsor;
vi. cannot contain any material that may, in the sole discretion of Sponsor, infringe on the intellectual property rights of any third party, including but not limited to, copyrights or trademarks owned by others. Entrants must use their own original material in the creation of the Submission. If a Submission contains any third party trademarks or copyrighted material, Sponsor may, in its sole discretion, disqualify the entry from the Contest. In the alternative, Sponsor may ask the entrant to provide the appropriate legal documentation, as required by Sponsor, that demonstrates that the entrant has received proper permission to use such third party material in the Submission for all purposes related to this Contest and Sponsor, with a right to further grant and transfer such permission to Sponsor and its affiliates. Failure to provide appropriate legal documentation, as determined in Sponsor’s sole discretion, will result in disqualification of the entry without notice;
vii. cannot advertise or promote any third party brand or product of any kind or contain any personal identification, including, but not limited to: license plate numbers, personal names, e‐mail addresses, phone numbers, or street addresses;
viii. cannot contain materials embodying the names, voices, likeness, or other indicia of, or identifying any person, living or dead, unless appropriate permission and releases have been obtained for the use of such material in your Submission. Failure to provide this documentation upon Sponsor’s request will result in disqualification of the entry without notice;
ix. entries cannot be in violation of any applicable federal, state, and/or local laws, rules, and regulations;
x. In addition to the requirements and guidelines above, entries must not contain obscene or pornographic material, contain defamatory or libelous statements, invade privacy rights, exploit individuals or in any other way violate applicable laws and regulations.
By entering this Contest, you confirm that your Submission complies with all of the Technical and Content Requirements, and you grant Jim Beam Brands Co. permission to use your name, city and state, and your Submission, in any way or form, on Jim Beam® Single Barrel Bourbon product labels for mass‐ distribution nationwide, on the Jim Beam® website, on social media, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram, and in connection with any advertising and other promotional activity without limit. You are also aware that different people may post similar ideas. Each Submission you enter, as exactly written, is the one you own. All other Submissions, although they may be similar or communicate a similar idea, belong to the writer of the Submission.
4. Entry Errors/Tampering: Sponsor reserves the right to void all entries made through any third‐party web site or service, or through any robotic, automatic, mechanical, programmed or similar entry duplication method, and to disqualify any individual using such a web site/service or entry method, as applicable. Sponsor is not responsible for: (i) electronic, wireless or digital transmissions or any entries that are lost, late, stolen, incomplete, illegible, damaged, garbled, destroyed, or misdirected, or not received by Sponsor or its agents for any reason; (ii) any problems or technical malfunctions, errors, omissions, interruptions, deletions, defects, delays in operation or transmission, communication failures or human error that may occur in the transmission, receipt or processing of entries; (iii) destruction of or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; (iv) failed or unavailable hardware, network, software, SMS text or telephone transmissions; (v) damage to entrant’s or any person’s computer or wireless device or its contents; (vi) causes beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control that jeopardize the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest; (vii) any entries submitted in a manner that is not expressly allowed under these Official Rules; (viii) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by entrants or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (ix) any typographical or other error in the printing or advertising of the offer, administration or execution of the Contest, or in the announcement of prizes or prize winners; (x) malfunctions or interference resulting from illicit, malicious or injurious code (including but not limited to viruses, worms and denial of service attacks); or (xi) cheating or fraud by any participant.
All incomplete or non‐conforming entries will be disqualified. All entries become Sponsor’s property and will not be returned.
If for any reason the Contest cannot be executed as planned, including but not limited to any printing, administrative, or other error of any kind, transmission failure, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes beyond the control of Sponsor that corrupt or affect the security, administration, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, or if the Contest is compromised or becomes technically corrupted in any way, electronically or otherwise, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest and, if terminated before the original end date, to select the winners from among all eligible non‐suspect entries received as of the date/time of termination. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify and prosecute any individual who tampers with or attempts to tamper with the entry process or who enters using any automatic or programmed entry duplication method.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR OTHERWISE CORRUPT THE CONTEST OR TO UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS. SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO DISQUALIFY, PROSECUTE AND SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
5. Further Entry Conditions: Limit one (1) entry per person. If more than one (1) entry is received per person, by any means including, but not limited to, establishing multiple e‐ mail accounts or cell phone numbers, all such entries, and the person that submitted them, will be disqualified. Proof of submission of an entry does not constitute proof of receipt of entry by Sponsor. By entering, entrants acknowledge their compliance with and agreement to be bound by these Official Rules and the Sponsor’s decisions. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned.
6. Winner Selection Process: Valid entries transmitted, completed and received during the Contest Period will be eligible be judged by a panel of qualified judges selected by Sponsor on or about September 15, 2014 who will apply the following criteria in selecting the Winner: uniqueness/singularity (50%); quality (25%); overall passion (20%); completing the entry within requirements (5%). Decisions of the judges are final and bindinginallmattersrelatingtothisContest. Intheeventofatie,theentrantwiththe highest score in the “uniqueness/singularity” criterion will be judged the Winner. In case of a tie involving a Wisconsin resident, both/all tied entrants will be deemed Winners. In the event the tied entrants have the same score in the “uniqueness/singularity” criterion, the entrant with the highest score in the “quality” criterion will be judged the Winner. In the event the tied entrants have the same score in the “uniqueness/singularity” and “quality” criteria, the entrant with the highest score in the “overall passion” criterion will be judged the Winner. In the event the tied entrants have the same score in all criteria, the Winner will be selected by random drawing.
Potential winners will be notified by phone or e‐mail on or about September 15, 2014. Prize winners may also be posted on the www.JimBeamSingleStatement.com, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube following verification of winners and may be announced by news release. Winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements of these Official Rules.
Grand Prizes: Two (2) Grand Prizes will be awarded. Winners will be selected in accordance with these Official Rules and will be awarded one (1) signed Jim Beam® barrel head engraved with their name and winning quotation/statement, their name and winning quotation/statement printed on the Jim Beam® Single Barrel label for mass‐ distribution nationwide, and a VIP hometown local market visit from Fred Noe which includes a meet & greet and exclusive tasting. The Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize is $589.99. The total ARV is $1,179.98.
First Prizes: Six (6) First Prizes will be awarded. Winners will be selected in accordance with the Official Rules and will be awarded one (1) signed Jim Beam® barrel head engraved with their name and winning quotation/statement, and their name and winning quotation/statement printed on the Jim Beam® Single Barrel label for mass‐distribution nationwide. The Approximate Retail Value (“AVR”) of each First Prize is $89.99. The total ARV is $539.94.
The total ARV of all available prizes in this Contest is $1,719.92. Any difference between the stated ARV and actual value of prize will not be awarded in any form. Prizes are non‐ transferable, and no prize substitutions or cash redemptions are allowed except by Sponsor in its sole discretion, or as otherwise provided herein. Sponsor may substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of equal or greater value if an advertised prize (or portion thereof) becomes unavailable for any reason. All income taxes or other applicable taxes on prizes are the winners’ sole responsibility. All prizes will be awarded provided a sufficient number of qualifying entries is received, and prizes are claimed properly in accordance with these Official Rules. All trademarks are the property of their respective owners, which do not sponsor, authorize or otherwise endorse Jim Beam® Single Barrel Bourbon or this promotion.
8. Verification/Prize Claim: Winners must provide positive identification specified by Sponsor to claim or participate in a prize. If prize notification is returned as undeliverable, or if Sponsor, in its sole discretion, deems a potential winner ineligible to receive a prize for any reason, the corresponding prize will be forfeited and awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting, in a random drawing from among all remaining entries. Sponsor’s decisions will be final, binding and non‐appealable in all matters relating to this Contest.
9. Limitations on Liability: By entering, each entrant agrees to abide by the terms of these Official Rules and by the decisions of the Sponsor, and agrees to indemnify, release, defend and hold harmless the Sponsor or their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies, and the officers, directors and employees of each of the foregoing (collectively, the “Released Parties”), from and against any and all liability for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury (including without limitation emotional distress) and/or death, publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy or merchandise delivery arising from or in connection with participation in the Contest or the acceptance, possession and/or use/misuse of a prize (if awarded to him/her) or his/her participation in prize‐related activities (if applicable), including but not limited to travel related thereto.
By accepting a prize, each winner, by accepting a prize, acknowledges that Sponsor is not in any manner responsible or liable for any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to such prize, including, but not limited to, its quality, mechanical condition or fitness for a particular purpose.
10. Consent to Publicity: By accepting a the prize, each winner further consents to Sponsor’s use of his/her name, voice, statements and/or likeness for advertising, promotion, public relations or trade purposes in commerce and in any media worldwide without limitation or additional compensation or notice, unless prohibited by law.
11. Disputes/Venue/Governing Law: By participating, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of, or connected with, this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the appropriate federal, state or local court located in the State of Illinois; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out‐of‐ pocket costs incurred, including but not limited to costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (c) to the extent allowed by applicable law, under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, punitive, incidental and/or consequential damages and/or any other damages, other than out‐of‐pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, entrants’ rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), that would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than Illinois.
13. Winners List: For a list of winners of major prizes send a self‐addressed stamped business‐size envelope after September 15, 2014 and no later than October 14, 2014 to: Jim Beam® “Single Barrel, Single Statement” Contest, Jim Beam Brands Co., 510 Lake Cook Road, Deerfield, IL 60015.
14. Sponsor: Jim Beam Brands Co., 510 Lake Cook Road, Deerfield, IL 60015